THE SUCCESSFUL SWT CANDIDATE
– Participants are required to:
– have a good command of the English language, a strong academic record, and be outgoing and flexible
– be full-time students at accredited universities/colleges
– display a strong determination to return to Bulgaria at the conclusion of the program during the visa interview
– must have an arranged job offer, before their arrival in the USA
Bulgarian citizens who study abroad could also participate in the W&T program if they manage to find an organization which provides the respective service for foreign students.
Correspondent students – as well as those attending vocational/distance learning schools and secondary schools for adults – do not qualify for the Summer Work & Travel program.
There are no formal age restrictions for participants, however, applicants who are not of normal student age (18- 28) will receive greater scrutiny.